Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sometimes falling asleep is harder than it looks

It's always interesting the things I think about as I'm drifting off to sleep. Most of the time it's worth writing down, but the point of drifting off to sleep is that one eventually end up in La-La Land.

But here's a few things I remember thinking about as I fell asleep last night in the flat cot in our lovely hotel in Hua Hin:
  • What I wanted to do before leaving Hua Hin
  • How much money I spent (more than I wanted to, but still within reason)
  • What my plan for Monday's classes are, and realizing I didn't do an important icebreaker with my homeroom class OR talk about what they did over the summer. Very important for bonding purposes!
  • How I'm going to pull off being a head soccer coach. I'm not exactly creative when it comes to new drills and such...
  • Racking my brain for said new drills to try
  • Checking with the basketball coaches to see if they are using the outdoor basketball courts so I can use them for control exercises
  • Not wanting to leave Thailand, but considering other ministry options God might have for me while I'm here
  • Deciding how long I might actually live here -- just how long term is 'long term'?
  • Thinking about all the other places God could send me and use me, and a potential hubby I could find there
  • Deciding that marriage may not be in my future after all and being surprisingly okay with it
Somewhere in the middle of all that I stuck in my headphones and watched How I Met Your Mother to help me eventually drift off to sleep. Unfortunately, it didn't last for more than two hours, and then I began the cycle anew; albeit with different things on my mind.

It is both a blessing and a curse to constantly make lists in my head -- especially when I'd rather be falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment