Monday, August 8, 2011

Round 2 at ICS begins tomorrow

Tomorrow is the first day of my second year teaching at ICS. It's my second year teaching, period. I don't know how last year could be topped -- I loved my schedule, I loved my content area, and most of all, I loved my students. The trouble with teaching 8th grade English is that there's no possibility of teaching them a second time around -- that is, unless I move up to high school with them. At least with the lower grades at my small school (6th and 7th), there's a chance at repeat customers -- not so for me.

But there is always this year....I can begin the cycle again with a whole new set of students. Some of these kids are following in their older siblings' footsteps. Some of them are twins. Some of them are new and my latest target for recruiting fresh soccer players.



This year is going to be epic. I can't help but believe that. I'm bound and determined to see it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment