Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 3, 2011

[Yes, these few posts are slightly out of order. I wrote them down in the Philippines, and am finally getting around to posting them electronically. Bear with the confusion.]


Since my jeans became unwearable yesterday due to coffee stains and a ripped back pocket, I decided to window shop through Landmark in Tri Noma Mall on the off-chance I'd find a pair that'd fit me. I knew they carried American brands at a cheaper price, but the issue was finding a size big enough for me.


Warning: this next section contains highly sensitive information. Personal information. At the risk of embarrassment, I'm sharing this with you.




I found the ladies' jeans section and casually browsed through the sizes. I quickly discovered they carried no sizes above a 32 (women's sizes are marked like men's sizes). Finally I broke down and asked a sales associate for other sizes.

"Excuse me, do you have any big sizes?"
"Yes, ma'am," she said confidently.
"Like a 38?"
She frowned, "Oh, no."

Yup, that's what I thought. Story of my life -- I'm too huge that even department stores don't carry my size. Ironically, I've noticed bigger Pinoys than Thais, yet I still can't find jeans. Whyyyy? (Yes, I'm whining.)

So after being told I was too large for their jeans, I did the only logical thing -- I tried to prove them absolutely right . I hunted down a Taco Bell, Cinnabon, and Orange Julius -- in that order. It was gloriously, Americanly scrumptious.

Take that jeans that are ten sizes too small; that's how real Americans handle crappy news.

No comments:

Post a Comment