Sunday, August 8, 2010

Today's the Day



It's true.

Today's the big day. The day that will most likely change my life.

Well......it's the start of a long line of life-changing experiences. I've had a few of those already; like the time I randomly chose to attend Western Oregon University; or the time I called up my mom and told - not asked- her that I was going abroad to do Camp Adventure (when they say adventure, they mean adventure!); or that time I professed to my entire neighborhood (which is no small feat) that I had a crush on Michael King.

Okay, so the last one wasn't quite a life-changing experience, but it was the first time I ever had a crush on someone and I was six. I think that's impressive.

But today.....oh today. It is going to be grand.
I am still suffering from jet lag from my last adventure across the Pacific, I haven't slept in 24 hours, and packing anxiety has sent me hurling over the edge of reason, BUT I am ready to fly out of here at 11:30am for the orient. More specifically, Bangkok.


I AM MOVING TO BANGKOK TODAY!!

I will be going to the airport in an hour and a half, and taking a jet plane bound for the land of giant Buddhas, the king of Siam, and spicy phad thai.


*blogs will be few and far between for the next several weeks (as they have been for these past several weeks, of which I apologize profusely), but I will do my best. What irony -- the time when my life changes so dramatically is when I won't have the time to keep you updated on said changes....I'm sure it won't be anything like The King and I or Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason, but I shall keep my eye out for any opportunity I'll have to sing and dance with the king or get mistakenly thrown into an all-female prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment