Saturday, August 22, 2015

The past year in review...

It's been a year to the day, and life has sure enough changed.  In no particular order...

1)  I'm a bit rusty at blogging -- it's embarrassing that I call myself a writer, teach writing, but don't take time to write.
2)  I've started my 6TH YEAR of teaching in Thailand
3)  Thailand is still under military rule -- and on a side note, a major bombing happened 5 days ago in central Bangkok, killing 19 and injuring 120+ people
4)  My grandpa died in May
5)  I took a 6-week adventure through Europe, hitting up Turkey, Croatia, Prague, and Spain.  Summer was life-changing.  It will take several blog posts to write about it, and if you're lucky, I actually will.  By Christmas. Or maybe before next summer.
6)  I'm renewing my teaching license yet again, and am taking another online course that I loathe.  Online classes stress me out.  I thrive in a classroom and would enjoy it much better if I was with others in class.
7)  My tita died a week ago, bringing me on an impromptu trip to the Philippines (where I am now)
8)  I've caught no less than a half dozen rats in my apartment -- and I've started at least that many blog posts about this very subject....and never published them, as is my habit apparently.
9)  A nephew has popped into my life, and so far I've only spent a few days with him as a new born. So that means making a miserable flight back to America in the winter.  The worst time to travel back.  But I want to be a good aunt and be there for his 1st birthday.  Ah, the sacrifices I make...
10)  I've been cooking a lot of pinterest recipes lately, and love it.  My latest kick: pureed soups.  I have a freezer full of soup.  Come by and eat some for me.  Seriously.  Just let me know so I can defrost it before you come.
11)  I joined the iPhone family a month ago and love it.  A little too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment