Monday, June 10, 2013

The life of a teacher is never dull

From a few months ago...

In the past I've posted about the hilarious things my students have said in class.  Often though, the things they say are rude and ill-thought out.  Today, for instance, after telling my students I wasn't feeling well and they would have a substitute for the second half of the day, there was a chorus of "Yesss!" with a smattering of "Why, Miss Lissa?" or "Why are you going home? What are you going to do?"  To that I replied, "I'm going home to throw up."  A subdued, "Oh," is answered and I left the students to their substitute (my principal), and gave them strict orders to be on their best behavior as I left the confines of the classroom.

These types of responses are typical here, and I've grown accustom to answering with sarcasm or wit.  I no longer care that my replies are less than professional, and having my principal in the classroom didn't deter me from telling my entire class that I was going to throw up.  I did hold back from saying that they were making me sick, though.  You can only kid so far with them..

No comments:

Post a Comment